- Votes – Comments can now be voted up or down. I’m excited about this! Please vote up comments that you find funny.
- Images – You can easily add images to your comment. Please keep it tasteful.
- Mentions – You can use a @ symbol and type another commenter’s name to mention them in your comment.
Login – You can log in using your existing Dan of the Day account or any one of the following:
- Disqus ID
- Name and email address
- Ported comments – All existing comments have been ported over to the new system. Those comments are tied to your Dan of the Day account.
- Share – There are buttons to allow you to easily share a comment or conversation on Facebook, Twitter or via a link.
- Notifications – You can receive email notifications when someone replies to your comment, posts on a thread you’re interested in or mentions you. You can subscribe to comments for a particular page or for all of Dan of the Day.
I may have mentioned this earlier, but access to the Dan of the Day login is currently restricted due to a botnet attack on WordPress sites. If you have trouble logging in to your Dan of the Day account, please let me know. I can whitelist your IP address to give you access.
Thanks for your comments and for being a part of the Dan of the Day community. There’s something uniquely fun about being snarky in the comments section. Hopefully these updates will make it easier for us to have lively discussions about important subjects like meat ponchos. And really, shoot me a message with any feedback you have about the new comment system.